This page is an archive of the discussion about the proposed deletion of the article below. This page is no longer live. Further comments should be made on the article's talk page rather than here so that this page is preserved as an historic record.
The result of the debate was delete. The phrase seems to be a neologism, so the redirect seemed unnecessary. Joyous 03:10, Mar 15, 2005 (UTC)
As far as I can tell, this term is not used. I am a roadgeek and have never heard the term. Anything worth saying is already at bypass. --SPUI (talk) 03:43, 9 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. Google gives zero hits for "hypotenuse highway". -- Brhaspati (talkcontribs) 04:16, 2005 Mar 9 (UTC)
- I clicked this hoping to read some interesting things about triangles or mathematics :( ... sigh. Other than that, it has relavent information at bypass. Delete. Tygar 04:32, Mar 9, 2005 (UTC)
- Delete Andrew Lenahan - Starblind 15:45, Mar 9, 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. SamuraiClinton is quickly confirming my suspicion that he's the neologism vandal. Rhobite 20:51, Mar 9, 2005 (UTC)
- Redirect to Bypass, I am sorry for creating this article, I never knew a setup of 2 existing words separated by a space would sometimes be considered a neologism to Wikipedia article standards. SamuraiClinton 21:36, Mar 9, 2005 (UTC)
- I redirected the article to Bypass. Tygar 06:34, Mar 10, 2005 (UTC)
- I'd still recommend deleting the redirect, given that the term was made-up. Though I'm not sure that keeping it would hurt. --SPUI (talk) 15:27, 10 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- My suspicions are akin to Rhobite's, given both Special:Contributions/SamuraiClinton (which includes Wikipedia:Votes for deletion/Vfd and Template:picneed amongst many others) and Wiktionary:Special:Contributions/SamuraiClinton. Speedy Delete the redirect. Uncle G 11:17, 2005 Mar 11 (UTC)
- I have occasionally heard people use "hypoteneuse" as a slangy synonym for "bypass", but it's not in any sense a standard term that belongs in an encyclopedia. IME, it's largely restricted to mathgeeks who think they're being clever and witty. Redirecting to bypass was a good call. Bearcat 00:43, 14 Mar 2005 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and, like some other VfD subpages, is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue, the deletion, or the decision-making process should be placed on the relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.